HON 255- Thoughts on The Matrix

Overall, The Matrix is not typically a movie I would ever watch on my own, but I am very glad I got the chance to watch it. It is definitely one of those movies that gets you thinking about the future of our world and how and when technological machinery will advance to a point that humans may regret eventually. The Matrix suggested that everyone has the chance and obligation to make a choice between what is more important to them, the real world or the artificial world. Will they allow technology (A.I.) to drive a wedge between them and their human lives? The dystopian future represented in the movie to conquer the human population while they take advantage of the bodies and use them as an energy source was so detailed. It makes me worried with the increase of technological advancements everyday in the real world that soon, our reality may be similar to The Matrix. The special effects were ahead of their time and were outstanding. The story is unsettling and complex yet intriguing, and I can appreciate that it gets viewers thinking on a deeper level. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HON 255 Love, Death, & Robots: Three Robots Reflection

HON 255- Interstellar Time Travel Video

HON 255- Ready Player 1 Presentation Notes